Senior Technical Analyst – Investment & Asset Management firm – renewable energy sector, c. £ 35,000 – £45,000 p.a. + bonus & benefits.
The environment is international, fast paced, hard-working and diligent, but also fun – the office is in the heart of the West End, central London.
The core of this role is to deliver control, technical resilience and robust reporting to portfolios of solar PV. This role will ensure performance is optimised across a client’s portfolio by maximising up time; with strong management of service providers (e.g. O&M’s), issue resolution and driving performance and quality improvements.
Overseeing a portfolio of clients/projects from onboarding to FAC and through to business as usual (BAU), the Senior Technical Analyst will ensure the data flowing from the support team of Technical Analysts has been interrogated thoroughly and that all reporting is delivered accurately and on time to lenders and clients.
Working in partnership with the existing Technical Manager, the role will be the external lead for the comany's technical expertise and be closely collaborative with both the Head of Finance, the Head of Administration, the Performance Manager and with the Client Manager to ensure that a turnkey service is delivered to each Client.
This role has aspects that are broader than just a technical function including supporting the implementation of quality systems and processes which deliver performance improvements. To this end, there will be an opportunity to lead on a number of strategic projects to support change.
The position will require some domestic travel where a remote resolution cannot be achieved.
We are looking for a technical expert looking to develop their technical career in an exciting emerging sector and not a people-manager.
You will be a confident, skilled individual able to distil complex technical and or reporting issues into simple/commercial language and able to communicate this to various stakeholders at all levels of organisations.
The right person will be a shrewd negotiator capable of eliciting swift action from 3rd parties in response to issues. You will also be responsible for managing business systems and processes and developing best practice amongst the team.
The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude, be solution focused and a ‘Completer/Finisher’ i.e. you must be able to take ownership of a task and see it through until successful completion.
In addition, you will be passionate, willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to get the job done. You will also bring a systematic, highly organized approach to the working environment.
- Electrical/Mechanical Engineer with 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrable, local (UK) Solar PV sector expertise with in depth knowledge of performance analysis, system design, component selection, regulatory environment, security and grid.
- To drive multiple recommendations for plant improvements
- In depth knowledge of Solar PV operations and track record in issue resolution and reporting
- Detailed experience of working with and managing Operations and Maintenance of solar parks including the management of sub-contractors
- Detailed experience of reading and interpreting contracts and ensuring compliance
- Detailed experience in the production of reports, ensuring consistent high standards
- Working relationships with key component manufacturers would be an advantage
- Very good working knowledge of UK HSE regulations and best working practices
- Previous TA & O&M experience will be an advantage
- Knowledge about International markets (LATAM, EMEA, Australia, etc.) also an advantage
A competitive salary package is on offer for the right candidate, likely to be in the range of £35,000 – 45,000 depending on ability and value.