Project Development Analyst, renewable energy project development. London or Exeter UK. £35,000 – £45,000,
This is a great opportunity for a highly numerate graduate (engineering, physics or maths) with deep computer skills (coding) to really make a mark in a highly successful renewable energy project development and investment firm.
You’ll be supporting project development and investment teams working on large scale (subsidy free) solar energy and battery storage projects.
You’ll use GIS software to identify potential project development sites and your coding skills to help develop systems that improve efficiency by automating parts of the project development cycle.
A key part of the role is developing and maintaining relationships with DNOs and building deep expertise on UK electricity grid connectivity.
Ideally you have some relevant work experience in energy sector project development, but this role could be suited to a very high calibre new graduate.
Either way, you’ll have a real interest in renewable energy / sustainability and a flair for computing & technology and a determination to really achieve something.
- Educated to degree level in numerate subject, engineering, maths or physics, ideally electrical engineering, renewable energy engineering (or very similar)
- Highly advanced computing skills:
- Experience with at least one coding language
- Experience experimenting with open-source computer programmes
- Appreciation of electrical concepts (current, voltage, power)
- Systematic, highly organized work style - self starter
- Fluent English with good communication style, comfortable interacting with multiple stakeholders
- Right to work in the UK
- Understanding of grid connection concepts (electrical engineer)
This role is offered on a fully employed basis, with a competitive base salary (negotiable based on experience and value) in the range to £35,000 – £45,000 per annum.