Portfolio Manager – Solar Investment Fund- Central London, very competitive package with good base salary + discretionary bonus
This is an exciting opportunity with a successful investment fund focussed on UK solar assets – based in Central London.
It's a role for a high calibre solar professional – you'll have a broad and solid background working in UK solar, ideally within solar M&A transactions, a portfolio role with a solar fund or possibly a solar focussed EPC.
We're looking for deep solar sector experience, and an individual with considerable gravitas to operate in this senior position.
The firm is highly successful and is growing its portfolio and team internationally, so there are excellent opportunities to progress.
The Portfolio Manager (PM) reports directly to the Managing Director. The PM will be responsible for a broad spectrum of activities on existing assets acquired by the fund. You will be a key interface with the operational asset management function and manage a section of the portfolio.
Typical activities will include:
- Contract Management (including deal documentation such as SPA, EPC and O&M).
- Ad-hoc support to Managing Director and other deal team members as needed by the business.
- Process creation and process management (including IAC and FAC).
- Issue resolution – leading in, ensuring control of and reporting on live issues that arise from existing assets.
- Stakeholder management.
- Performance control for a section of the portfolio circa 30 operational solar farms, rapidly becoming a subject matter expert in each of these assets.
- Project Management of ad-hoc construction and remedial works to budget, specification and time.
- Supporting deal team handover to Asset Management – overseeing deal documentation at completion and ensure close management of post deal obligation.
- Debt management, ensuring seamless communication and control of the interface between debt instruments, debt management team and asset operations.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have extensive experience in the UK solar sector with a detailed understanding of the contracts that knit together to constitute a solar asset.
- Be a highly motivated and proactive person that is robust whilst being able to work fluidly as a team member and team leader.
- Possess excellent communication skills and be driven by results.
- Be able to handle a diverse range of differing tasks simultaneously.
- Have a passion for a sustainable future and the transition to clean energy’
- Have the legal right to work in the UK
Remuneration is competitive & negotiable depending on experience/expertise.
This is a full time, permanent role based in Central London (West End) and with some UK travel.
The closing date for completed applications is 8am (GMT) on Monday 7th January, 2019.
1st Interviews will be held on Tuesday 15 and/or Wednesday 16 January.
2nd Interviews will be held on Wednesday 23 and/or Thursday 24 January.