Policy Analyst (Large Scale), Solar Trade Association – London, Salary £28,000 – £32,000 (depending on experience) plus 2% contributory pension. Closing date Tuesday 13th February.
Conducting policy & market analysis for the large scale solar and storage industry, influencing policymakers, providing technical advice and supporting market growth.
Chief Executive, Solar Trade Association (STA)
STA's offices in Greencoat House, Francis Street, SW1P 1DH
SALARY & BENEFITS
£28-32k (depending on experience) plus 2% contributory pension.
As soon as possible
Please apply with a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating how you fit the job specification below. Deadline Tuesday February 13th. Interviews will be held on Monday February 19th.
The STA is the UK’s most influential solar trade body with an exceptional track record of winning breakthroughs for the UK’s solar industry. We represent the solar photovoltaic (PV), solar thermal and energy storage industries.
This role involves shaping and analysing the policies which will ensure solar can play a significant role in the UK energy system. You will be working on everything from regulation of the electricity distribution system, to coordinating groups of industry experts on energy storage, to understanding how UK carbon pricing will influence investment in solar farms.
Applicants must be able to excel in a fast-paced environment of ever-changing priorities. You will need to apply your talents across a wide range of functions, working within a small committed team and with partners across the sector. This is an exceptional opportunity to work at the heart of the UK solar industry and develop skills across a range of policy, analytical and technical areas. With a challenging year ahead in the industry and subsidy-free solar in sight, this is an exciting role for a bright candidate who shares our passion to see solar move even further into the mainstream.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Being the STA policy and technical lead on development, operation and management of large scale solar generation and associated energy storage.
- Responding to policy consultations from government, Ofgem, National Grid or Distribution Network Operators (DNOs)
- Keeping on top of policy and technical developments for the STA team and updating member companies.
- Developing financial and analytical models e.g. demonstrating business models for new solar investment using corporate power purchase agreements or creating revenue streams from co- locating energy storage.
- Co-ordinating and providing executive support to the activities of STA member working groups on large scale asset management, operations & maintenance and grid scale energy storage.
- Responding to member enquiries on developments in the energy sector
Leading on specific policy areas where required, preparing briefings for members,
government, the media and the public to support our lobbying activities
Providing support to the STA communications and public affairs team – e.g. summarising
policy developments for press releases or responding to media enquiries where needed
Supporting the development of technical standards and regulations with members e.g. liaising
with National Grid and/or DNOs on how the distribution system needs to change to
accommodate increased in decentralised renewable power, such as solar.
- Representing the STA at meetings, events and conferences
- Assisting with membership recruitment, communications and events
Providing administrative cover and contributing to other areas of the STA’s work where
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2.1 in a relevant undergraduate degree
- Excellent numeracy, analytical and spreadsheet skills – comfortable working with numbers
- At least 2 years experience in energy industry, regulation or economics
- Excellent written, spoken and interpersonal skills
- Passionate about solar energy and the future of the solar industry
Ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure against multiple deadlines
- Technical experience of the UK electricity grid
- Relevant master’s degree
- Financial modelling experience