Junior Technical Analyst, solar energy asset management. London. UK. £24,000 – £28,000, very good career development prospects.
This challenging role is suitable for a high calibre electrical or renewable energy engineering graduate (Bachelor’s or Master’s),with a passion for renewable energy and preferably with some relevant work experience.
The firm is very successful and growing fast, they manage a fleet of utility scale solar energy power plants for asset owners across the UK and in international markets.
The work environment is international, fast paced, hard-working and the company offers excellent opportunities for personal development – the office is in the heart of the West End.
You’ll work in a very high calibre team managing a large portfolio of utility scale solar PV assets, specifically you’ll ensure:
- plant performance is optimised at all times
- all incidents resolved swiftly
- all reports are completed as per asset management agreement
- all KPIs are achieved
You are a confident, high calibre electrical / renewable energy engineer with good knowledge of the solar sector and ambitions to develop your skills and knowledge in a market leading company.
You’re comfortable in a fast paced, high intensity environment and able to communicate clearly and concisely with stakeholders at all levels.
You have a good attention to detail and the ability to compile clear performance reports for clients.
You are confident handling large amounts of complex data. You’ll need very strong MS EXCEL skills including VLOOKUPs, PIVOT tables and other advanced functions.
We expect successful applicants to have outstanding academic backgrounds, as well as (hopefully) some relevant practical experience.
- High quality academic background (high ranked University)
- Educated to degree level in engineering, ideally electrical engineering, renewable energy engineering (or very similar)
- Systematic, highly organized work style
- Hardworking and flexible approach to work (it’s not a 9-5 culture)
- Advanced standard MS Office suite,
- Strong EXCEL – VLOOK UP, PIVOT etc
- Fluent English with good communications style
- Right to work in the UK
Preferred (for more experienced candidates)
- Knowledge of SCADA systems, IT and telecommunications as deployed across the UK solar sector
- Knowledge of Solar PV or other renewables operations
- Experience in the tracking, resolution and reporting of issues
- Experience in the production of client reports
This role is offered on a fully employed basis, with a competitive base salary (negotiable based on experience and value) in the range to £24,000 – £28,000 per annum.
Closing date for applications role is 12thApril 2019.