Investment Analyst M&A (Renewable Energy Investments) – London, UK. £55,000 – £65,000 + bonus to 40% & benefits
The company & the opportunity
This is a key role in a highly successful investment team focussed on UK and international solar energy projects.
You’ll work closely with senior team members involved in the origination and execution of new transactions, so you’ll be close to the action and given as much responsibility as you can handle.
The environment is fast paced, lively, fun and progressive, and the team is dynamic, international and strongly multicultural
- Assist transaction processes and liaise with external stakeholders.
- Build, review and interpret complex financial models.
- “Own” the acquisition model and adapt and expand it as necessary.
- Analyse investment opportunities and carry out valuations (mainly DCF).
- Prepare summaries and investment proposals for the investment committee.
The ideal candidate
- Have solid experience in an infrastructure or energy finance role within an investment bank, corporate, advisory or investment fund
- Have strong quantitative and analytical skills – the role involves intense financial modelling and valuation, so previous demonstrable experience is desired
- Have a high-quality degree, or equivalent, in finance/economics – in addition, a background in engineering would be advantageous
- Have excellent finance and accounting knowledge – CFA or other certifications are desirable
- Be highly pro-active, possessing strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Be highly computer literate, including MS Office skills
- Be fluent in English and exhibit excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal. Fluency in a second language is advantageous
- Able to work in London – comfortable with long working hours.
- Right to work in the UK.
Base salary in the range £55,000 – £65,000;
- Discretionary annual bonus of up to 40%;
- Private medical for the employee and his/her family;
- 25 days’ holiday, plus public holidays and festive shutdown;
- The opportunity to be part of a globally growing company and have a positive impact on the world.