Commercial Lawyer – (in-house) Renewable Energy Sector, Central London. c.£50,000 – £70,000 per annum
We are looking for a qualified lawyer with extensive experience in the UK energy sector – probably with around 3 – 5 years' post qualification experience.
The office is full time and based in Central London London, but some home working arrangements are possible for the right candidate.
The company is a small, very entrepreneurial and fast growing energy developer /investor / asset operator, they are very well invested and already own and operate a large portfolio of energy asset and will imminently announce a significant new strategic investor that will signal further growth.
It's an exciting, fast paced, friendly but professional environment
- Play a key role in identifying and then mitigating commercial risks associated with developing a battery storage business
- Manage the development of commercial contracts with developers, including aspects associated with real estates, consents, grid contracts
- Manage commercial risks with aggregator contracts covering ancillary services and other commercial arrangements
- Manage supplier contracts including warranty arrangements
- Work with our team to understand the impact of changes in regulation on the business
- Work with senior management to manage disputes with third parties
- Liaise and manage third party lawyers on key contracts and manage the legal budget
- Establish the process and systems for keeping and maintaining all our contracts
This is a full time role is based in our office in central London although we happy with some working from home arrangements. Salary is between £50,000 – £70,000 for the right candidate.