Business Development Manager, C&I Energy Storage & EV. salary range £40,000 – £55,000 p.a (+ bonus London. UK.
This is a great opportunity for a highly sophisticated, commercially & technically astute business development professional to make their mark in a growing energy storage investment business.
The company is an investment / development firm formed by experienced partners and backed by substantial international investors with an outstanding pedigree in the financing and development of energy generation projects.
The firm owns a portfolio of grid connected battery storage projects (60MW +) and is extending its behind the meter storage & EV charging offering to commercial fleet operators, large corporates / industrial users (typically FTSE 250 entities)
The firm is small but dynamic, very fast paced and growing. Their offices are in Mayfair, between Oxford Circus and Green Park.
You’ll work closely with the directors of the firm, their clients and extended supply chain to create and close compelling business cases for a range of commercial energy storage and EV charging schemes.
You’ll be tasked with some deal flow origination, but predominately, you’ll be executing deals originated by the company’s directors.
The role integrates closely with team members in finance, legal, engineering and construction to put together complex, high value contracts underwritten with corporate PPAs.
You’ll need to hit the ground running and be comfortable operating at a rapid pace with (sometimes) high levels of ambiguity and the pressure of deadlines and long hours (when required)
- High quality education (bachelor’s degree or masters) preferably in engineering, and or finance related.
- Solid work experience in commercial / business development in the energy sector (B2B)
- Strong commercial skills – comfortable with legal contracts and financially literate
- Excellent communication skills, capable of presenting financial / energy consumption data
- Strong organisation skills and good attention to detail
- Knowledge of the UK energy landscape, including government tariffs and planning regimes. distributed energy and PPAs,
- Ability to work in the HQ in London and visit customer sites UK wide
- London / UK based candidates strongly preferred as quick start required.
Experience in energy storage, EV infrastructure and or commercial transport sector
A competitive remuneration package is available, based on quality and range of experience c. £40,000 – £55,000 (range based on indicative experience of 3-7 years’). Good opportunity for personal growth and responsibility